Welcome to the International PhD StudentCancer Conference (IPSCC) website. The 13th annualconference will be hosted and organised by PhD students from the NetherlandsCancer Institute (NKI). The IPSCC conference 2019 will be held at the NKI in Amsterdam from the 12th to 14th June.
Since 2007, the IPSCC has brought together PhD students from top cancer research institutes across Europe. This joint meeting is for PhD students from the following participating institutes:
- Cancer Research UK Beatson Institute, Glasgow, UK
- Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, Cambridge, UK
- Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, Manchester, UK
- Cancer Research UK Oxford Institute for Radiation Oncology, Oxford, UK
- European School of Molecular Medicine (SEMM: IFOM-IEO), Milan, Italy
- Francis Crick Institute, London, UK
- German Cancer Research Centre (DKFZ), Heidelberg, Germany
- Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC), Berlin, Germany
- Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI), Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
The IPSCC offers a unique opportunity for graduate students to get together to present and discuss their research, but also to network with each other and the keynote speakers in a relaxed and informal environment. The IPSCC provides a forum for students to present and learn about fundamental and inter-related topics at the frontiers of cancer research. It will cover many topics related to cancer, ranging from computational and systems biology to basic science and clinical research.
The programme will include oral and poster presentations from the student attendees, four presentations from high-profile keynote speakers, and presentations about the participating institutes. In addition, there will be career workshops focusing on a variety of scientific careers within and beyond academia. Please click here for more information.
While students from all years are invited to participate, students in the more advanced stages of their PhD are particularly encouraged to attend and give oral presentation of their work. Places for the conference are limited, and in the event of over-subscription, preference will be given to students near the end of their PhD. All attendees will have to present their research, by either giving a talk or presenting a poster.
To register, please click here. Registrations for the conference will close in early April 2019.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
The 13th IPSCC organisers